Friday, April 6, 2012

I Remember

Days after her death, I wrote down these remembrances.

I remember her big, blue, doe eyes with her long eyelashes.


I remember that she would shake her booty when she left a room, just to be silly.

I remember that she liked to fix her hair and experiment with makeup.

I remember that she liked to cook--especially brownies and cookies.

I remember that she always had her iphone in her hand.

I remember that she was serious about dancing. She would move the furniture out of the way in the living room and practice.

I remember that she hid her favorite perfume from her little sister.

I remember that she did not like to be "bored." She was always wanting to be busy.

I remember that she would say silly things, like, "go spin around in circles like a fluffy red chicken."

I remember that she was generous. She worked hard for her money, but would buy her sister or me anything.

I remember that she wanted to have a career in a health profession because she like to help people.

I remember that she was her daddy's "Precious Princess."

I remember that she hated to read and did not like Mr. Keough's math classes.

I remember that she was a good flutist in middle school.

I remember that she had long, graceful arms and legs.

I remember that she wouldn't eat and it would make me so mad. I just cared about her health so much.

I remember that she would come up behind me and hug me tightly. I loved that.

I remember that she called me, "Mommy."

I remember that she was so beautiful--inside and outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment